Monday, June 11, 2012

Portrait/Intimacy Project

 I had some trouble taking pictures for this project because most of the places I went were dark and weren't very good for photography. However, enough of them turned out to print this project.

Some of these were taken at school and are pictures of my friends. More of these turned out than ones of my family, and I like them better.

 This is one of my friends. At this time, he was looking at his girlfriend who was resisting my attempts to take a photo of her. I really like the light and dark contrast between his hair and face, as well as the shadows made by his fingers.

 This is my cat. I like the way she isn't looking directly at the camera because it makes it feel like the picture was spontaneous, which it was.

 I really like close up portraits because of the shadows the face creates. The dips in each person's face are unique and interesting, and I like the shadows.

 This is my friend drinking her morning coffee. She posed for me and I couldn't resist taking this because it's not a pose that most girls would want a picture of. I like the shine on her cup.

 This is my mom holding my cat, who was very unhappy about the whole thing. I like the grays and shadows in this photo.

 I like the smile on her face in this photo, as well as the shadows created by being next to a glass door.

This is my cousin. She didn't really want me to take her picture, so I had to do it while she wasn't paying attention. I like the contrast and the creamy quality of her skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment